is an automated testing tool for IBM POS applications. TestMate
greatly enhances your ability to automate IBM POS application
testing - and thus relieves your testing staff from doing
TestMate can be used for Regression
Testing, Load (Multiple Terminal) Testing, Stress Testing
and Performance Testing.
TestMate is an all Software Solution
that runs on Windows based Machines. So it is easy to set
up and use.
TestMate allows you to run your
Test Scripts against any Store Controller on your Corporate
- TestMate gives you the ability
to run Terminal Test cases (even complex ones) to simulate
an actual store environment.
- TestMate allows you to choose
a set of scripts. Thus, you can create a library of scripts
and mix and match them to create different test case scenarios.
- TestMate allows you to run a
set of Test Scripts multiple times. These scripts can be
run unattended and the run log is available for review.
Thus, you can leave a set of scripts running overnight and
have the log available for review next morning. This can
be used to replicate those errors that are difficult to
- When running a set of scripts, you can Pause (e.g. to
check Controller files or change settings) and then Resume.
- TestMate allows you to simulate a Terminal and
its peripherals. Any transactions that you do on this simulated
Terminal can be recorded and stored as a Test Script. These
Script files can be played back later.
- Test Scripts are stored as text files. These text files
are easy to understand and modify and do not require any
programming experience. Test Scripts can be edited using
any standard Text Editor. These can be stored and re-used.
- Display and Print outputs resulting from the running of
Test Scripts are also captured and stored. An 'intelligent'
comparison is done of these outputs with base outputs -
ignoring obvious differences such as date-timestamps and
store numbers. This 'intelligent' comparison is configurable
by the user - so that the user can specify which output
components are to be ignored for comparison purposes.
- Current run vs. base outputs comparison is provided in
an intuitive, easy to understand GUI (see diagram).
- Test Script Files are easy to read and edit as they are
saved in Standard Text Formats. Maintaining and understanding
these Text Files does not need any Programming Knowledge.
There are many possible ways in which TestMate can be used.
- Development Team members can use TestMate to run a set
of test scripts to test code changes. The automated comparison
of outputs eliminates errors that may be missed by manual
- Testing and QA group members can use TestMate to automate
- TestMate can be used by Application Support Team
members to review and diagnose reported problems.
- A set of Test Scripts can be run continuously through
multiple Terminals for Load Testing. This can be used to
monitor not only the controller's disk and memory usage
but also how the payment system is able to handle the traffic
generated by multiple transactions.